- College Funding - See how much you need to save to pay for college and other useful information on college planning.
- Disability Insurance - Find out how much insurance you need. Note: when you get to this site you will need to press calculator button on the right side.
- Investment Calculator - See the magic of compounding. Ignore the fact this calculator says retirement calculator. It will show you both lump sum and periodic deposit compounding.
- Investment Risk Analysis - Find out if you should stuff your money under the mattress or head to Las Vegas.
- Life Insurance calculator one - Simple calculator to determine your life insurance need
- Life Insurance calculator two - (Note: when you get to this site you need to press on life calculators, then insurance needs). Calculators from two sources will give you two different answers using the same data. That is why it's important to discuss your needs with a professional.
- Retirement Planning - Find out how much you'll need to retire comfortably
- Food and Drug Administration - Find out the status of new drugs recently approved by the FDA.
- US Department of Labor - This site will give you federal rules and guidelines on human resource subjects like COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, and pension plans
State Insurance Departments
- Aetna US Healthcare
- American Medical Security
- First Rehabilitation Life
- GE Life
- Independence Blue Cross
- Ohio National
- UNUM, Provident-Revere
- US Life (Note: You can download forms by clicking on Policyholder Info, then applications and forms.
Medical and Drug Information
While these sites may provide general information, do not use these as a substitute for seeking a medical professional.
- Dr. Koop - Good source of medical info although disappointing it's so commercialized.
- Healthtouch - Has information on more than 10,000 drugs along with other information
- Mayo Clinic - Advice on health issues, not sandwich spreads.
- HIAA - Information about health insurance in general and new and pending legislation
- Bluecares - Website for the national association of Blue Cross plans
- NAIC - National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Dollar Stretcher - Eclectic site that offers ways to save money
- Mutual Funds 101 - Good source of information for those new to investing
- Financial Web - Great Source for stock and mutual fund information
- Real Life Investing Guide - Really good site for all kinds of investing information
- Kiplinger Personal Finance - Lots of financial stuff from the Kiplinger Magazine people
- Understanding Risk - Concise description of the various types of risks associated with different types of investments
- Independence Blue Cross for Personal Choice and Keystone
- Aetna US Healthcare
- Intercounty/Healthnet - Call 1-800-445-4755
- American Medical Security: PHCS Network or Devon Network
- Horizon Healthcare New Jersey Providers
- Horizon Healthcare Pennsylvania and Delaware Providers
- Fortis Healthcare: PHCS Network or Devon Network
- Concordia / PA Blue Shield Dental Network (Click on PennDental)
- Optivision / Clarity Vision
- Davis Vision